The pre- and post-operative room in the Outpatient Surgery Unit is equipped with three folding beds and two armchairs, as well as full monitoring of all post-operation clinical indicators.
What is Outpatient Surgery?
Surgical procedures that do not require hospitalization have increased in recent years thanks to improved medical technology, especially in anesthesia, an increase in less invasive surgical procedures, and extraordinary advances in pain medications.
These outpatient operations are as effective as traditional procedures without reducing the safety or quality of our clinical care.
At El Carmen Medical Center, we have combined quality medical care, comfort for our patients, and the best doctors and surgeons with a comfortable environment so that you and your family can experience the best possible medical care.
From pre-operative tests and preparation for your operation through recovery, our doctors, surgeons, and our whole team will attend to your needs, concerns and questions even after leaving the Medical Center so you can recover in the privacy and comfort of your own home.
The most common procedures that can be performed as Outpatient Surgery are:
- Traumatology: Arthroscopy of the knee and small joints.
- General Surgery: Hernias, extirpations of breast tumors, sacral cysts, anal fistulas, exploratory laparoscopy, etc.
- Plastic Surgery: Breast augmentation or reconstruction, liposuction, face lift, etc.
- Urology: Phimosis, resection of bladder tumors, etc.
- Neurosurgery: Percutaneous treatment of herniated discs, etc.
- Gynecology: Curettage, laparoscopy for tubal ligations and/or removal of ovarian cysts, etc.
- Vascular Surgery: Varicose veins.
- Otolaryngology: Removal of vocal cord tumors, deafness surgery, nose surgery, etc.
- Ophthalmology: Cataract surgery.